Honey and Goat Cheese Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour and salt. In separate bowl, beat butter, goat cheese and 1/3 cup honey using electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture; mix on low just until the dough comes together. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into a log about 2 inches wide and 10 inches long. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice cookie dough into 24 scant 1/2-inch discs. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden and tops of cookies are dry. Drizzle with remaining honey. Cool on pans on wire racks for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to racks and cool completely. (Store cookies in airtight container for up to 1 week.)
If you’re feeling adventurous, try replacing the thyme with rosemary or sprinkling with cracked black pepper.
For a fruity accent that’s nice at the holidays, stir in 1/4 cup dried cranberries.