Honey Nut Shortbread
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a mixer, cream the butter, organic honey and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour one cup at a time, blending well after each addition.
- If mixture becomes too stiff, knead in remaining flour by hand. Work in nuts.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2-inch thickness and cut the cookies into shapes of your choice. Pat the dough into a shortbread mold or an ungreased 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- Score the surface with a knife to make 12 to 16 pie-shaped triangles so shortbread may be divided for serving.
- Then, with a fork, prick deeply into the scores. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Sift organic powdered sugar into a bowl. Work any lumps through with a metal spoon. Add a little warm water and mix vigorously. Continue mixing until smooth, adding more liquid as necessary.
- Cool shortbread for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
- Cut or break the shortbread into wedges while warm, drizzle icing over cookies and serve.
Recipe Source: National Honey Board
- Shortbread Ingredients:
- 2 sticks organic butter
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- Icing Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp warm water