Paleo Honey Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Create 8 lettuce cups by nestling pairs of lettuce leaves together; place on serving platter.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, onion, garlic and ginger for 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken starts to brown. Stir in honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, vinegar and chili paste. Stir in 1/3 cup water; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens to a syrupy glaze.
- Divide chicken mixture among lettuce cups. Top with sprouts, carrots, radishes, peanuts, scallions and cilantro.
Replace onion with shallot for a more mellow taste.
If you can’t find tender Boston or Bibb lettuce, crispy iceberg, leaf or romaine lettuce leaves also work nicely for cups.
- 16 large Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves (approx. 2 heads lettuce)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili paste, such as sambal oelek or sriracha
- 1 cup packed bean sprouts
- 1 cup packed shredded carrots
- 4 radishes, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted peanuts
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro