Keto Coconut Cream Pie
- Crust: Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk together almond flour, Organic Erythritol and salt; add ghee, tossing well. Mix in eggs. Stir in coconut flour and shredded coconut until dough starts to form. Shape into disk (wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up dough if necessary).
- On work surface, roll out dough into 1/4-inch thickness between 2 sheets of parchment paper to fit 9-inch pie plate. Remove top sheet of parchment paper; invert pastry into pie plate, pressing pastry back together to fix any cracks.
- Press edges with tines of fork or flute with fingers. Using fork, prick bottom of pie shell all over. Bake pie shell for 12 to 18 minutes or until lightly golden and set. Let cool completely on rack.
- Coconut Filling: Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold heavy cream; set aside.
- In saucepan, heat coconut milk over medium heat; heat until barely simmering, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in heatproof bowl, whisk together egg yolks and 3/4 cup Erythritol until pale yellow color. While whisking constantly, slowly add 1/2 cup of the hot coconut milk; whisk in softened gelatin mixture and xanthan gum until blended.
- Return egg yolk mixture to saucepan with remaining coconut milk. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Strain custard through fine-mesh sieve into clean bowl. Whisk in coconut oil, coconut extract and vanilla extract until coconut oil is melted. Press plastic wrap onto surface; refrigerate for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours or until cooled. (To speed up process, fit bowl over larger bowl of ice water, stirring frequently, until cooled and thickened.)
- In large bowl, whip cream cheese and remaining Erythritol until lightly and fluffy. Beat in 1 cup cooled coconut custard until combined; beat in remaining coconut custard until smooth. Whip remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into custard in 2 additions, then scrape into crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until completely chilled and set.
- Topping: Before serving, toss together toasted coconut and Erythritol. Sprinkle over pie.
Tip: Substitute additional vanilla extract for coconut extract if desired.
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Organic ZeroSugar Erythritol
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup ghee, melted
- 2 cage free organic eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp gelatin (grass-fed)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, cold and divided
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk, unsweetened
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup Wholesome Organic ZeroSugar Erythritol, divided
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pkg (8 oz) brick-style plain cream cheese
- 3/4 cup unsweetened toasted shaved coconut
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Organic ZeroSugar Erythritol