- Preheat the oven to 350°F. For the crust, combine flour and powdered sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Press lightly onto bottom and halfway up sides of an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- For the filling, beat sweetened condensed milk and eggs in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in lemon juice, flour, baking powder, salt and food coloring just until blended. Fold in lemon peel
pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for about 2 hours. Cut into bars
sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- For the crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- For the filling:
- 1 can (14 oz) organic sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large cage-free organic eggs
- 2/3 cup organic lemon juice
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 drops Color Kitchen natural food coloring (optional)
- 1 tbsp organic lemon zest
- Wholesome! Organic Powdered Sugar, sifted