- To make the crust, sift flour and sugar and cut in butter until mixture clings together. Press into 13 x 9-inch baking pan and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- To make the filling, beat together egg, organic sugar and lemon juice. Sift together flour and baking powder
- Stir into egg mixture. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes longer. Cool, dust with additional organic powdered sugar and cut into squares. Top each square with 1-2 mint leaves.
- Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup Wholesome! Organic Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 cup butter
- Filling Ingredients:
- 2 cups Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar
- 4 cage-free organic eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed and strained
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Wholesome! Organic Powdered Sugar
- Mint Leaves