Lighter Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, organic coconut palm sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the grated carrots, oil and applesauce and beaten eggs.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture to the carrot mixture, stirring just until mixed.
- Line muffin tin or grease muffin tin. Scoop about 3 tablespoons of batter into each hole (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and tops are springy.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely prior to frosting with Wholesome! Organic Vanilla Frosting. Sprinkle pecan pieces on top, if desired.
Recipe by: Shannon A. Garcia, Kiss in the Kitchen
- 1 1/2 cup flour (all purpose OR gluten free all purpose)
- 1 cup Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Wholesome! Organic Vanilla Frosting
- Pecan pieces, if desired