Marshmallow Lamb Cake
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and cane sugar to a bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- Place softened butter into a stand mixer (or hand held mixer) and whip for about a minute.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients into stand mixer and combine with butter for 30 seconds.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla and eggs and mix on medium-high for one minute.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back when touched or an inserted toothpick is removed mostly clean.
- Place one layer on top of cake stand. Use the Wholesome Organic Wild White Strawberry frosting to cover the cake. Place the other layer on top then cover the cake with Wholesome Organic Vanilla frosting.
- Start placing marshmallows around the cake. It is best to work with a freshly frosted cake so the marshmallows can “stick” to the cake better. (the frosting acts as glue) Leave a small section on the lower portion of the cake without marshmallows, this is where the lamb’s face will be.
- Take turbinado sugar and place it in a small plastic baggy. Add in a teaspoon of natural food color powder and then seal the baggy. Toss the sugar and the powder around until it is fully coated and pink.
- Use a drop of remaining Wholesome frosting on one marshmallow (I had tinted my frosting pink, you do not need to do this.) and dip it into the pink sanding sugar. Set it on the outer edge of the cake near the center, where an ear would be. Repeat this for the other ear.
- Using the black frosting, pipe out eyes and then a mouth. Press one pink jelly bean where the nose should be.
- Fill in with more marshmallows as needed.
Recipe by: I am Baker
- For the Cake:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups WHOLESOME ORGANIC CANE SUGAR
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 stick (1/2 cup or 113g) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- For the Topping:
- 1 container WHOLESOME ORGANIC VANILLA FROSTING
- 1 container WHOLESOME ORGANIC WILD WHITE STRAWBERRY FROSTING
- 1 package large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup WHOLESOME ORGANIC TURBINADO SUGAR
- 1 teaspoon all-natural food color
- Small tube black decorating icing (you can also tint Wholesome frosting black)
- SURF SWEETS ORGANIC JELLY BEANS (you only need one pink for the nose)