Honey Matcha Chocolate Swirl Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9- x 5-inch loaf pan and line bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Stir together melted chocolate and 2 tbsp hot water; set aside to cool completely.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat Organic Honey with butter. Beat in eggs one at a time, incorporating first fully before adding second. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with yogurt in 2 parts, scraping bowl between additions.
- Divide batter evenly between two bowls. To one bowl, add chocolate mixture; to second bowl add vanilla and matcha. Stir well.
- Using 2 spoons, spoon alternate portions of matcha and chocolate batters into prepared loaf pan. Swirl batters together using a skewer or the tip of a knife.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a tester inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 1 hour, then turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
Leftover slices of loaf make a delicious breakfast when toasted. Spread with almond butter and top with sliced banana.
- 2 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each baking soda and salt
- 3/4 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain 2% yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder