Mesquite Smoked Chicken With Mango Salsa
- To make the chicken, mix salt and Sucanat with water to make brine. Soak chicken for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken and dry with towel.
- Smoke according to your smoker’s instructions.
- To make salsa, sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add mango and white wine. Simmer 2 minutes. Add cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
- For the Chicken:
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup Wholesome! Organic Sucanat
- 4 cups water
- 4 skinless organic or cage-free chicken breasts (24 oz)
- For the Salsa:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 fresh mangos, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 pinch salt and pepper