Mini Stevia Strawberry Pies
- Combine strawberries, 3 tbsp Wholesome Organic Stevia, cornstarch, lemon juice, zest and cardamom; refrigerate until ready to use for assembly.
- Pastry: Whisk together flour and salt; cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives just until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with pea-size bits of butter. Stirring briskly with fork, sprinkle in ice water 1 tbsp at a time, until dough holds together, adding more water if necessary. Divide dough in half and press each half into disc; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Working with 1 disc of pastry at a time, roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Using 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter or top of glass, cut out 24 rounds from dough, rerolling scraps to make remaining rounds. Brush edges of 12 rounds with some of the beaten egg; place heaping tablespoonful of filling in center. Top with remaining pastry rounds. Using fork, crimp edges all around to seal.
- Refrigerate pies for 20 minutes; transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cut a few steam vents in each pie; brush tops with remaining beaten egg. Sprinkle with remaining Organic Stevia. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and flaky, and filling is bubbling out of vents.
- 2 cups fresh organic strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Stevia, divided use
- 2 tbsp organic cornstarch
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup ice water (approx.)
- 1 cage-free organic egg, lightly beaten