Orange Ginger Spice Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter to soften then add the Organic Cane Sugar in a steady stream. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2-3 min or until fluffy and light colored. Add the orange zest, orange blossom water and orange oil.
- Turn down mixer to low and add eggs one at a time, beating for 20 seconds after each addition. Stop mixer and scrape down the side of the bowl with a spatula ensuring all ingredients are well incorporated.
- On low speed, alternately add flour mixture and milk in three equal batches beginning with the flour, then milk in two equal batches. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl when necessary. After the last addition of flour, beat for another minute on medium low speed until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly in muffin tins and smooth tops. Bake for 25-30min until golden brown and let cool on wire rack for 5 min before removing from tins.
Recipe Yield: 24 muffins (Large Size Recipe intended for catering or foodservice occasions. Cut recipe in half for smaller yield.)
Recipe Source: Chef Tanya Duyongco
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- 4 tsp orange blossom water
- ½ tsp orange oil
- 4 tsp orange zest
- 4 large cage-free organic eggs
- 1 cup organic whole milk