Orange Poppy Seed Loaf
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Using electric mixer, beat together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one a time, until smooth and combined. Stir in orange zest, orange juice, yogurt and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt; fold gently into butter mixture. Scrape batter into greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan lined with enough parchment paper to overhang sides.
- Bake for 70 to 75 minutes or until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely on rack. Spread frosting evenly over top of cooled loaf. Garnish with orange zest curls.
- If desired, garnish with candied orange peel.
- Loaf can be made ahead and frozen, without frosting, for up to 3 months.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup packed Wholesome Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Organic Vanilla Frosting
- Orange zest curls