Paleo Honey Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 325° F and line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place two oven racks in the upper portion of oven (this will avoid the bottom of the cookies browning too much)
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and Wholesome Organic Honey on medium speed until very smooth. Add in egg and beat on low/med until smooth, then add vanilla. Combine flours, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and slowly beat into wet mixture until incorporated.
- Chill cookie dough for at least 10 minutes and up to 30. After chilling, scoop or roll cookie dough into approximately tsp size balls, place on parchment paper and press down gently on each one to flatten to about 1/2” thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven (325) for 15-20 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool two minute on the sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Once cookies cool they will have a crisp/slightly chewy texture. After a day at room temperature they will soften. Store covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
*Recipe Note: To make paleo friendly baking powder (corn free) mix 1 tsp baking soda with 2 Tsp. cream of tartar . For this recipe, you will need just 1 tsp total of this mixture.
Recipe by: Paleo Running Momma
- 5 tbsp. pasture-raised butter, room temperature
- 6 tbsp. Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1 Organic Egg, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 tbsp arrowroot starch/flour (or tapioca flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder (see recipe note for paleo friendly baking powder)
- 1/2 tsp. fine grain sea salt