Lindsay Ostrom is the founder of Pinch of Yum- a personal blog that documents her favorite recipes in addition to life stories and travel adventures. Pinch of Yum is known for its flavorful and healthy recipes, beautiful photography, blogging resources, and a strong personal connection.
Content from Pinch of Yum has been featured on sites like Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, MSN, Today, the Kitchn, SHAPE, Smart Passive Income, Mixergy, and more. Lindsay's favorite things in life are photography, sunny days, Sage the dog, and a big plate of Pad Thai.
Peach Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Line an 8-inch circular cake pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and organic coconut palm sugar together until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla – beat until eggs are well incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir or mix just until combined. Transfer batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Arrange the peach slices in a circle on top of the batter. Arrange the blueberries over the top of the cake. Sprinkle the top with organic turbinado sugar or powdered sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes. It probably won’t be done yet, but better to check it early. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cake springs back when touched. Remove from the oven, lift the cake out of the pan using the parchment paper, cool for a few minutes, slice and serve.
Recipe Source: Pinch of Yum
- 8 tbsp organic butter
- ¾ cup Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 cage-free, organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1-2 peaches, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- Wholesome! Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar or Wholesome! Organic Powdered Sugar, for sprinkling