Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites
Content from Pinch of Yum has been featured on sites like Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, MSN, Today, the Kitchn, SHAPE, Smart Passive Income, Mixergy, and more. Lindsay's favorite things in life are photography, sunny days, Sage the dog, and a big plate of Pad Thai.
- Pulse the oats and pretzels through a food processor (one ingredient at a time) to get a more uniform chopped texture. I usually give each about 15 quick pulses. You want the texture to be “crushed” – somewhere between whole and completely ground.
- Mix all ingredients together until combined. Shape into balls (it helps to squeeze them to stick together) – usually I can get 20-25 with this recipe, depending on how many I eat during the shaping process. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 20-30 minutes. Done! I keep these in the freezer so they last longer and hold their shape nicely but they do well at room temperature for a day or two as well.
Notes: I used unsweetened coconut. To make them prettier, roll them in a little bit of toasted coconut or dip in chocolate.
Yield: 20-25 bites
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1½ cups pretzels
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted if you wanna be fancy
- ¼ cup chia seeds or flaxmeal (or a combo)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- ¼ cup Wholesome! Organic Blue Agave or Organic Raw Unfiltered Honey