Peppermint Patty Cupcakes
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; grease generously. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In blender, combine beets, buttermilk, cocoa powder and vanilla; blend until puréed. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat Organic Stevia with coconut oil until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in beet mixture; stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, about two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tester inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean. Let cool completely on rack.
- Frosting: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and Organic Stevia until light and fluffy. Beat in coconut oil and peppermint extract just until combined (do not overbeat). If frosting is too soft to spread, refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes to firm up.
- Add frosting to piping bag fitted with round tip; pipe over cupcakes. (Alternatively, spoon frosting into resealable bag and snip one corner to pipe over cupcakes or spoon onto cupcakes). Refrigerate for about 1 hour until frosting is firm.
- Glaze: In heatproof bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water), melt chocolate, coconut oil and Organic Stevia, stirring until smooth. Let cool slightly. Dip each cupcake into glaze. Refrigerate until set.
- For extra-minty cupcakes, add a few drops of peppermint extract to glaze.
- Alternatively, drizzle glaze over top of cupcakes.
- For smaller treats, scoop batter into mini muffin tins, adjusting baking time as needed.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated beets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Wholesome Organic Stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- For Frosting:
- 1 pkg (8 oz) low-fat brick-style plain cream cheese, cold
- 3 tbsp Wholesome Organic Stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- For Glaze:
- 4 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Organic Stevia