Pineapple Coconut Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, Stevia, and salt. Stir with a whisk to combine. Make a well in the center.
3. In a 4-cup measuring cup with a pour spout, whisk the coconut milk, butter, and eggs together. Whisk in the crushed pineapple and its juices followed by 3/4 cup of the shredded coconut.
4. Pour coconut mixture into center of dry ingredients. Use a silicone spatula to fold everything together until just moistened. Avoid over mixing.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with remaining coconut.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make ahead tip
1. Muffins stay fresh stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or 2. After that, transfer to the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
2. You can freeze muffins for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then bring to room temperature. Warm them in the microwave if desired.
Recipe by: Baked By an Introvert
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Wholesome Organic Stevia , about 1 packet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut, divided