Pumpkin Pie Pops
- Pastry: Whisk together flour and salt; cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal with a few larger pieces. Whisk egg yolk with 1/4 cup ice water; pour over flour mixture and mix with fork just until dough comes together, adding up to 1 tbsp more water if necessary.
- Divide dough into 2 balls; flatten each ball into a disc. Wrap discs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pumpkin Pie Filling: Meanwhile, beat 3 tbsp organic honey with cream cheese, egg yolk and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in pumpkin purée; fold in chopped pecans. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk egg, 1 tbsp water and remaining honey together; set aside.
- Transfer 1 disc of pastry to lightly floured work surface. Roll out to approximately 1/8-inch thickness. Using 2 1/2-inch pumpkin cookie cutter, cut out 12 pumpkin shapes, rerolling scraps once. Transfer pumpkin shapes to prepared baking sheet.
- Brush edges of each pumpkin shape with egg wash. Place a lollipop stick on top of each pumpkin shape so top of stick comes to center of pumpkin; gently press stick into pastry.
- Spoon 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Filling onto center of each pumpkin shape.
- Transfer second pastry disc to floured work surface; repeat rolling and cutting out pumpkin shapes as in Step 5. Top pumpkins and filling with remaining 12 pumpkin shapes. Seal edges with fork. Brush tops with remaining egg wash; prick with fork to make vents.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack; let cool completely.
If you don’t have a pumpkin cookie cutter, use round, star or heart cookie cutters instead.
Tie ribbon bows on lollipop sticks for a festive finish – sure to be a hit at a bake sale.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cage free organic egg
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Honey, divided
- 2 tbsp brick-style cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans