Pumpkin Pie Swirled Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch baking pan, then line with parchment paper overhanging edges; set aside.
- Pumpkin Pie Swirl: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese with honey until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until smooth. Sprinkle with flour; stir until incorporated. Stir in pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter with unsweetened and bittersweet chocolates in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring frequently. Remove bowl from heat; whisk in organic honey.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time; whisk in egg yolk. Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder, mixing just until combined.
- Scrape brownie batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Dollop pumpkin mixture over top; swirl through brownie batter with the tip of a knife. Sprinkle walnuts over top.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of pan emerges with only a few moist crumbs clinging.
- Transfer to rack to cool; let cool completely. Using parchment overhang as handles, transfer to cutting board; cut into 16 pieces. (Brownies keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.)
Not crazy about walnuts? Replace them with pecans or just leave the nuts out altogether.
Before cutting into bars, drizzle with melted white chocolate and dust with orange and blank candy sprinkles for festive Halloween garnish.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 oz bittersweet (70% cacao) chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 2 organic cage-free eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Pumpkin Pie Swirl:
- 4 oz brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice