Pumpkin Pie Thumbprint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Using electric mixer, beat butter with honey until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pumpkin Pie Butter: Combine pumpkin purée, honey, apple juice, pumpkin pie spice and lemon juice in small saucepan set over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture is thick and spreadable. Cool to room temperature. Stir in pecans. (If desired, make this up to 2 weeks ahead. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed.)
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press handle of wooden spoon into center of each cookie, making 1-inch-deep dent.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are light golden. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack and let cool completely.
- Fill indents with teaspoonfuls of pumpkin pie butter.
If you have more cookies than filling, try using cranberry sauce or apple butter instead.
If you have leftover Pumpkin Pie Butter, enjoy it spread on toast, muffins, pancakes or waffles.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1 cage free egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Pie Butter:
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Organic Honey
- 4 tsp apple juice
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans