Raspberry Explosion Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove 2 tbsp sugar; set aside. Using electric mixer, beat butter and remaining sugar for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time; stir in vanilla. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into batter alternately with milk, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of milk.
- In food processor, pulse 1 cup raspberries, reserved sugar and lemon juice until almost smooth with a few chunks remaining. Spoon half of the batter into 12-cup muffin tin. Spoon about 2 tsp raspberry sauce into each cupcake; spoon remaining batter over top. Using sharp edge of knife, swirl cupcakes.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and tester inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean. Let cool completely on rack. Transfer vanilla frosting into piping bag fitted with large tip. Pipe evenly onto cupcakes and garnish with remaining raspberries.
- For added herbaceous flavor, garnish with fresh mint leaves or small basil leaves.
- Use thawed, frozen raspberries if fresh raspberries are not available.
- 1 cup Organic Cane Sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tub (12.5 oz) Wholesome Organic Vanilla Frosting