- Pour oil halfway up the side of a, heavy-duty deep saucepan and heat to 375°F.
- Break the ricotta up in a small bowl.
- Mix the eggs and agave in a small bowl. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in agave mixture. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the agave mixture, making sure the batter is smooth before folding in more dry ingredients. When just combined, gently fold the ricotta into the batter. Do not over-mix–there should still be visible chunks of ricotta.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and drop into the hot oil. Fry until the outside is golden brown and the center is still a bit runny, about 15 to 30 seconds on each side. Drain on a paper towel. Pile on a platter and sift a fine layer of organic powdered sugar over them.
- Serve with Wholesome! Fair Trade Organic Honey
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 (8 oz) cup fresh ricotta cheese or large-curd cottage cheese (drained)
- 2 extra-large cage-free organic eggs
- 3 tbsp Wholesome! Blue Agave Syrup
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Wholesome! Organic Powdered Sugar, optional garnish
- Wholesome! Organic Honey, optional serving suggestion