Speculoos Honey Spiced Shortbread Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, salt, cardamom, nutmeg, white pepper and cloves.
- In separate bowl, beat butter and 1/3 cup Organic Honey until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture; mixing just until dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half, shaping into discs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Working with one disc at a time, place dough on lightly floured work surface and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Using 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 15 rounds, re-rolling scraps once. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Repeat with second half of dough. Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining honey in a small saucepan set over medium heat, for 2 minutes or until simmering. Keep warm.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are light golden. Remove from oven; immediately brush tops with warm Organic Honey. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cookies keep in airtight container for up to 1 week.
For cookie with even more of a spicy bite, add 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger and salt
- 1/4 tsp each ground cardamom, nutmeg and white pepper
- Pinch ground cloves
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Honey, divided
- 1 cage free organic egg