Spiced Honey Crème Brûlée
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place four 1-cup ramekins in roasting pan lined with clean kitchen towel. (The towel will prevent ramekins from sliding.)
- Combine cream, Organic Honey, vanilla bean and pumpkin pie spice in medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat egg yolks until pale yellow. Slowly pour hot cream mixture into eggs, whisking just until blended. Pour egg mixture through fine-meshed sieve into heatproof glass measuring cup. Divide custard evenly among ramekins in prepared roasting pan.
- Set roasting pan on middle rack in oven. Carefully pour boiling water into the roasting pan, being careful not to splash, until water is halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until edges of custards have set but the centers still jiggle when ramekins are shaken gently. Remove from oven; let stand in water bath for 10 minutes. Carefully remove ramekins from water bath and cool for 60 minutes at room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or until completely set.
- Just before serving, sprinkle 1 tsp Organic Cane Sugar evenly over each custard. Working with one ramekin at a time, hold kitchen blowtorch so that the flame is 2 inches above the surface of the custard. Direct the flame so that the sugar melts and caramelizes evenly. (Alternatively, caramelize sugar by placing ramekins under broiler for 2 minutes or until sugar begins to brown.) Let sugar cool and harden before serving.
For an extra elegant dessert, garnish with a few berries or chopped toasted pecans just before serving.