Spiced Pumpkin Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, cornmeal, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin purée, milk, honey and 1/4 cup melted butter. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients; fold together until just combined.
- Heat 9-inch cast-iron skillet or heavy-bottomed skillet with heatproof handle over medium heat. Brush inside of pan with remaining butter. Scrape batter into pan; smooth top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer to rack to cool. Serve warm or room temperature. (Wrap and store at room temperature for up to 2 days or wrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze up to 2 weeks.)
If you’d like a bit more substance to your cornbread, fold in 1/3 cup chopped almonds, pecans, pitted dates or raisins.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter, divided