- To make sauce, combine mayonnaise, Organic Coconut Palm Syrup, gochujang and sesame oil in a medium bowl until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat oil to 350°F in a heavy skillet for frying.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until foamy, add the cornstarch and continue to whisk to soft peaks; whisk in garlic powder and Sriracha sauce.
- Place the bread crumbs and seasoned salt in another large bowl.
- Transfer chicken and shrimp into the egg mixture. Toss to coat pieces evenly; then roll into the bread crumbs. Coat each piece with crumbs; adding more crumbs as needed.
- Fry pieces on both sides for 3-5 minutes until the meat is cooked through. Only add a few pieces to the skillet at a time, so they turn out crispy.
- Remove and place on paper napkins to dry. Repeat with all pieces.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with onions and sesame seeds.
Yields: 4-5 servings
Recipe source: Chef Tanya Duyongco for Wholesome!™