Lindsay Ostrom is the founder of Pinch of Yum- a personal blog that documents her favorite recipes in addition to life stories and travel adventures. Pinch of Yum is known for its flavorful and healthy recipes, beautiful photography, blogging resources, and a strong personal connection.
Content from Pinch of Yum has been featured on sites like Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, MSN, Today, the Kitchn, SHAPE, Smart Passive Income, Mixergy, and more. Lindsay's favorite things in life are photography, sunny days, Sage the dog, and a big plate of Pad Thai.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Brown Sugar Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the sweet potatoes and add the melted butter, milk, sugar, vanilla, beaten eggs, and a pinch of salt. Stir until incorporated. Pour into a shallow baking dish or a cast iron skillet.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, and pecan pieces in a small bowl, using your fingers to create moist crumbs. Sprinkle generously over the casserole. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the edges pull away from the sides of the pan and the top is golden brown. Let stand for the mixture to cool and solidify a little bit before serving.
Recipe by: Pinch of Yum
- For the sweet potatoes
- 3 cups (1 29-ounce can) sweet potatoes, drained
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- ¾ cup Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 beaten eggs
- salt to taste
- For the topping
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup Wholesome! Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup pecan pieces