Sweet Potato Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9- x 5-inch loaf pan; line bottom and sides with parchment paper. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl and using electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and Organic Stevia until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition. Beat in sweet potato and vanilla. With mixer on low, beat in one-third of the flour mixture at a time, alternating with half of the yogurt at a time, ending with flour mixture, just until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan; smoothing top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes; turn out onto rack. Let cool completely. (Make-ahead: Wrap and store cake at room temperature for up to 2 days or wrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze up to 2 weeks.)
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt sweetened with Wholesome Organic Stevia and a few toasted pecans.
- Slices of pound cake can also be toasted and served for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each ground allspice and nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Stevia
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup 2% plain yogurt