Sweet-and-Sour Popcorn Balls
- Place popcorn in large bowl; set aside.
- In heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium heat, combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, 1/4 cup water, lemon juice and salt; bring to boil, swirling to combine.
- Boil for 8 to 10 minutes or until caramel reaches 245°F on candy thermometer and reaches firm ball stage (when a drop of caramel is added to a small dish of cold water and it forms a pliable ball of caramel). Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Working quickly, pour over popcorn, tossing evenly to coat. Let cool slightly.
- With buttered hands, shape into eight 2-inch balls, weaving sour worms into balls. Let cool completely.
Tip: For gift-giving, insert a candy stick into center of each ball, wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbon.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pkg (2.75 oz) Surf Sweets Sour Worms