Tropical Lime and Coconut Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, honey, egg, lime zest, lime juice and vanilla. Whisk in coconut oil.
- Pour honey mixture over flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup shredded coconut and pineapple tidbits.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining shredded coconut.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
For a bite-size treat, divide batter among 24 mini muffin cups, reducing baking time accordingly.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/3 cup drained canned pineapple tidbits packed in juice