Turbinado Cracked Sugar Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment or foil.
- In a large bowl, mix 1 cup Organic Turbinado Sugar and butter until well blended (the sugar will remain crunchy.)
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, dry whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.
- With an electric mixer set on low, mix the dry ingredients into the batter until just combined.
- Roll level tablespoons of the dough into a ball and then roll in the remaining Organic Turbinado Sugar.
- Place the ball on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat as needed, placing the cookies about 2-inches apart on the prepared sheets.
- Sprinkle any remaining Organic Turbinado Sugar over the cookies.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, rotating the sheets at the half-way point, until puffed and cracked.
- Let the cookies cool at least 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- 1 cup Wholesome! Organic Turbinado Sugar plus 2 tbsp for rolling and sprinkling
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large cage-free organic egg, well beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt