Ultimate Blackberry Walnut Souffle Pancake
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Using a whisk, combine egg yolks and half & half in a large bowl until well mixed. Slowly whisk in flour, until just combined, then whisk in the butter, coconut palm syrup, salt and vanilla; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Start on low for the first few minutes and gradually move to medium-high. Whisk a ¼ of egg whites into the batter, then gently fold the rest of whites into the batter with a spatula, folding just until the whites disappear. You do not want to flatten your egg whites.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof pan and set over medium-high heat for one minute. Pour batter into the hot pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook pancake for 4-5 minutes, until the batter begins to firm up. Drop blackberries and walnuts onto the surface of the pancake.
- Slide pan into oven and bake for 2-3 minutes, or until the pancake is puffed up and the center is set but still soft. Watch carefully to make sure the top doesn’t burn!
- Slide the pancake onto a plate using a spatula. Dust with organic powdered sugar and serve with blackberries, walnuts and warm salted caramel sauce on top.
Yields: 1 (10-inch) pancake
Recipe source: Chef Tanya Duyongco for Wholesome!
- 2 cage-free, organic egg yolks
- ½ cup half & half
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup Wholesome Organic Coconut Palm Syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean pod, scraped for beans
- 3 cage-free, organic egg whites
- Fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped after measuring
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar (optional)
- ½ cup salted caramel sauce recipe (optional)