Ultimate Iced Coffee
She started ASpicyPerspective.com after teaching cooking classes for several years with the intention of helping the average spatula owner to feel a bit more comfortable in their kitchen. Nowadays she shares easy-to-make recipes, with a touch of moxie, as well as travel content with the hope of encouraging her readers to break out of their comfort zone and taste the world around them.
She lives in Asheville, North Carolina with her husband lovingly known as Lieutenant Dan (for no other reason than she met him right when the movie Forrest Gump came out), two scrappy kids with highly developed taste buds, and her golden retriever Kona Because (she believes) all animals should be named after places youd like to live.
She travels with her family as often as possible, always looking for new ways to experience this delicious life.
- For the coffee iced cubes: Stir 14 ounces dark coffee with Organic Blue Agave. Pour the mixture into an ice tray and freeze. (This recipe uses an ice tray for large cocktail cubes.)
- For each iced coffee: Place several coffee ice cubes in a tall glass. Pour in 1 teaspoon of Organic Blue Agave. Then pour slightly cooled coffee over the ice cubes, leaving room in the glass for cream. Stir.
- Then pour 1-2 tablespoons cream into the glass. Taste and add additional agave if desired.
NOTE: I usually make the coffee first, then go about with other kitchen duties to allow the coffee time to cool, before preparing my iced coffee. You can add warm or cold coffee to the glass, yet the iced coffee will stay cold longer if the coffee isn’t scalding-hot.
- For the Coffee Ice Cubes:
- 14 oz Fair Trade espresso or dark roast coffee
- 1 1/2 tbsp Wholesome Organic Blue Agave
- For Each Iced Coffee:
- 4-6 oz Fair Trade dark roast coffee
- Several coffee iced cubes
- 1-2 tsp Wholesome Organic Blue Agave
- 1-2 tbsp organic heavy cream