- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, maple syrup, Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar, lemon juice, sea salt and arrowroot powder and mix together until uniform and well coated. Set aside.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into 4 squares and add about 3 tablespoons filling to each square. Pull up all edges to close to create bundle shape, leaving small hole in center. Tie bundle with twine in a bow, if desired, or just twist to seal. Place bundles on baking sheet, lined with a silpat or parchment.
- Bake for about 26-28 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling in the center.
- Meanwhile, for the caramel: Heat a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add buttery spread, Wholesome! Organic Light Brown Sugar, Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar and whisk to combine. Add bourbon and soymilk creamer and cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until caramel is dark and sugar is dissolved.
- To serve, place mini pie on small plate and untie twine bow (if necessary). Drizzle each serving plate and top of each pie with caramel.
Recipe by: © Spork Foods, 2013