Wholesome Carrot Muffins
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12 baking cups with paper liners, or mist with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, Greek yogurt, Wholesome Organic Honey, oil, vanilla, carrots and raisins (if using). Stir until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. (Try not to overmix.)
- Portion the batter evenly between 12 baking cups.Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a cooling rack, then drizzle with icing once the muffins reach room temperature. Serve immediately. Or let cool to room temperature, then store in a sealed container for up to 2 days, or freeze.
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
Recipe by: Gimme Some Oven
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp each ground nutmeg, ground ginger, salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup WHOLESOME ORGANIC HONEY
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup grated carrot
- optional 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup WHOLESOME ORGANIC POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 tablespoon WHOLESOME ORGANIC HONEY
- 1-2 tablespoons milk (of any kind)