It’s officially back-to-school time, which means we all have more on our plates. We get it: things can get hectic, particularly with the extra juggling that families are experiencing with schooling from home this year. The last thing you want to do after a long day of work and learning is cook a complicated dinner with tons of ingredients and steps. That’s why we’ve partnered with Simply Gluten Free Magazine to bring you an easy recipe that makes the perfect school night meal!
These Instant Pot Sweet & Smoky Pulled Chicken Tacos only take 10 minutes to prep and 12 minutes to cook, meaning you can have dinner on the table in less than half an hour! Plus, it cooks in the Instant Pot, so you can sit back, relax, and let it do the work.
The combination of sweet (from our Organic Honey) and smoky flavors creates a delicious pairing that will satisfy the whole family. So next time you’re looking for a low-effort dinner recipe, take things easy and try these tasty tacos!
Instant Pot Sweet & Smoky Pulled Chicken Tacos
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Calories: 203 kcal
Author: Carol Kicinski
- 1 cup jarred or homemade salsa verde
- ¼ cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ – ½ cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Corn tortillas
- Pickled jalapeño
- Pickled red onion
- Shredded cheese
- Combine the salsa, honey, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in the Instant Pot. Stir to combine. Add the chicken thighs and set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 12 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken. Stir into the sauce well, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Serve with corn tortillas and the accompaniments of your choice.