Allulose Apple Almond Pancakes
Looking for a great way to reduce carbs in pancakes? Start with almond flour and sweeten with Wholesome Allulose!
- Pancakes: Whisk together almond flour, Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk and 2 tbsp coconut oil; stir into almond flour mixture until combined.
- Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat; brush with some of the remaining oil.
- Using 1/4 cup batter per pancake, cook pancakes in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles starts to form. Flip over; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and set, brushing skillet with oil as needed.
- Apple Topping: Meanwhile, melt coconut oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook apples for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve with pancakes.
Tip: Top with a dollop of low carb yogurt or whipped cream if desired.
Makes: 8 pancakes
Nutrition Facts: Per 1/8 recipe, Calories 200, Fat 17g, Saturated Fat 9g, Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 140mg, Carbohydrate 9g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g, Protein 5g,
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Allulose, Granulated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cage free, organic eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted, divided use
- 4 tsp organic coconut oil
- 2 organic apples, peeled & sliced
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Allulose, Granulated
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon