Banana Walnut Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cake: Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and organic cane sugar until thoroughly blended. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy. Fold in the bananas and walnuts, then fold in the flour, buttermilk and baking soda. Pour the batter equally into the cake pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of each comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and organic light brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Use immediately or cover and chill until ready to use. Return to room temperature before using.
- Garnish the cake with frosting, walnut halves or chopped walnuts as desired.
- Cake Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar
- 3 cage-free organic eggs
- 6 medium Fair Trade bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp organic buttermilk
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Wholesome! Organic Light Brown Sugar
- Walnut halves or pieces, optional garnish