Double-Chocolate Stevia Scones
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, spelt flour, cocoa powder, Organic Stevia, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add chocolate chips.
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Using fork, stir into flour mixture to make ragged dough.
- Transfer to lightly floured surface; pat into 3/4-inch thick round. Using floured 2-inch round cutter, cut out 12 scones, rerolling scraps once. Transfer to parchment paper–lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Brush tops with buttermilk. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
Tip: Serve with plain Greek yogurt sweetened with Wholesome Organic Stevia and fresh berries.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup Fair Trade cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Stevia
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Fair Trade chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cage-free organic egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract