Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten-Free Korean Tacos
- Place the steak in a large food storage bag. Combine the soy sauce, Mirin, organic light brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, green onions, and ginger in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour the marinade over the meat and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. (If making ahead, you can marinate it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.)
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and organic honey in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the cabbage, carrots, and daikon. Stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Pat the steak dry with paper towels and grill 2 minutes per side. Let rest a few minutes then slice thinly.
- Grill the tortillas 30-60 seconds per side. Keep warm.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf on top of a tortilla, top with some sliced meat and some quick pickled cabbage slaw.
Yields: 12 tacos
Recipe Source: Carol Kicinski of Simply Gluten Free
- 1½ pounds skirt steak
- 2/3 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 6 tbsp Mirin or Sake
- 6 tbsp Wholesome Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 12 corn tortillas
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Quick Pickled Cabbage Slaw:
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Organic Honey
- 3 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated daikon radish