Gluten Free Lemon Cardamom EVOO Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Trace the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan onto parchment paper and cut out the circle. Trim it so it lays flat in the pan. Lift it out of the pan, grease the pan, then lay the paper circle back into the springform pan and grease it, too.
- With the whisk attachment of an electric mixer beat the eggs and organic cane sugar until they are light and fluffy and look like pale yellow softly whipped cream.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Add the almond flour, sorghum flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix just until combined and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top no longer feels jiggly to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with crumbs attached. The cake will be quite dark.
- 4 large organic cage free eggs
- ½ cups Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- Zest of 2 organic lemons
- ⅓ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cups + 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cups sorghum flour
- 1 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda