Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten Free Margarita Glazed Chicken
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Wholesome Organic Blue Agave, tequila, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken thighs, stir to coat, and let marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours. If marinating in the refrigerator, let the chicken sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet very well with heavy duty foil.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet skin side down. Pour the marinade over. Bake for 15 minutes or until the fat starts to render from the chicken. Turn the thighs over and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes or until deeply browned, and the juices run clear when the thighs are pricked with a knife (165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer).
- Serve with lime wedges.
Yields: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Organic Blue Agave
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup (from 2 large limes) fresh lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Lime wedges, for serving