Carol is a professional recipe developer, television chef, freelance writer and cookbook author. She cooks. She writes. She travels. And she does it all gluten-free!
When it comes to food she believe the most important thing is for it to taste great. Her recipes are not just good for gluten-free they are just plain good! Period!
She needed to be able to prepare meals that everyone would enjoy. It was then she decided to look at the world of food not in terms of what she couldnt eat but what she COULD EAT. She discovered a whole beautiful, abundant world of gluten-free food. She started to create dishes that would not only keep her body from being ill but that were delicious and aesthetic as well.
After she found out that she as gluten-intolerant, she was taken aback. Thus her new food philosophy was born. Find and enjoy foods that are naturally gluten-free. She loves the challenge of discovering how to re-invent old favorites and creating new ones gluten-free.
Carol writes SimplyGluten-free, a gluten-free blog to share, teach and inspire.Celebrating the ABUNDANCE of gluten-free living!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat with a hand held mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Place the egg yolks and remaining pancake ingredients into a separate bowl. (Add natural orange food coloring for a festive Halloween pancake.)
- Beat the yolk/pumpkin mixture until well combined. Take a large scoop of the egg whites and stir them into the yolk/pumpkin mixture. Fold the remaining whites into the mixture until no longer streaky.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over low to medium-low heat. Spray with gluten-free, nonstick cooking spray.
- Ladle about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of batter for each pancake. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the pancakes start to look dry around the edges.
- Flip and cook for another 5 minutes or until the pancakes feel firm to the touch.
- Keep warm in a low oven while cooking the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve with Wholesome Organic Pancake Syrup or Organic Raw Blue Agave.
Yield: 12 pancakes
Recipe by: Carol Kicinski of Simply Gluten Free
- 4 large cage-free organic eggs, separated
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 tbsp corn or tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 tsp organic orange food coloring (optional)
- Wholesome Organic Pancake Syrup
- or Wholesome Organic Raw Blue Agave