Healthy Green Pancakes
Simple Spinach Purée:
- Steam spinach until wilted, around 3 minutes.
- Transfer cooked spinach to a mini food processor and purée until smooth.
- Put ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Over low-medium heat, simmer for 5 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Mash with a fork or in a mini food processor.
- Heat a greased non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir together.
- Scoop batter, a tablespoon at a time, onto the greased non-stick skillet.
- Cook until the pancakes begin to bubble, around 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 2 additional minutes and remove to a plate.
- Continue until all the batter is gone, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
- Top with your favorite Wholesome! Organic Syrup
Special note: You can make purées in advance. They freeze and can be made up to 4 months in advance. Wrap them in wax paper, 1 sheet between each pancake. Store in an air-tight container. Thaw in refrigerator 2 days. Reheat at 300 degrees in oven for 10 minutes.
- Simple Spinach Purée
- 5 ounces raw organic baby spinach, rinsed and patted dry Applesauce
- 1 organic apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup of water
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Wholesome! Organic Sucanat
- Wet Ingredients:
- ½ cup Simple Spinach Purée (see ingredients and instructions below)
- ¼ cup applesauce (see ingredients and instructions below)
- ¼ Greek yogurt
- 2 cage-free, organic eggs
- 1 cup organic milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Wholesome Organic Pancake Syrup