Keto Cracker Toffee
- Almond Crackers: Preheat oven to 350°F. In food processor, pulse together almond flour, Organic Erythritol, baking soda and salt until blended. Add ghee, egg and egg white; pulse until combined.
- On work surface, roll out dough into 1/8-inch thickness between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Remove top sheet of parchment paper. Cut dough into 2-inch squares; transfer to parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp; let cool completely. Arrange crackers on unlined baking sheet in single layer; set aside.
- Toffee Glaze: Increase oven temperature to 400°F. In saucepan set over medium heat, bring 1 cup Erythritol, ghee and vanilla to boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until Erythritol dissolves; immediately pour evenly over crackers or carefully dip the crackers in the glaze, spreading to cover crackers.
- Bake in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until glaze is golden and bubbling.
- Stir together melted chocolate and remaining Organic Erythritol until smooth; pour over top of toffee crackers, spreading to coat evenly. Sprinkle with pecans and sea salt. Let cool until chocolate is set. To serve, crack into large pieces.
Tip: Substitute walnuts, almonds or toasted unsweetened shredded coconut for pecans.
Makes approx 25-28 pieces of Keto Cracker Toffee
- Almond Crackers:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp Wholesome ZeroSugar Organic Erythritol
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Toffee Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups Wholesome ZeroSugar Organic Erythritol, divided
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 tsp sea salt