Keto Grasshopper Chocolate Mint Pie
- Crust: Stir together almond flour, cocoa powder, Allulose Granulated Sweetener and salt; add melted butter, tossing to coat well. Press into 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Freeze for 10 to 15 minutes or until chilled and set. Refrigerate until needed.
- Filling: Heat 1 1/4 cups cream in saucepan set over medium-high heat until just starting to simmer. Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of the remaining cold cream; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until gelatin is softened. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks and Allulose Granulated Sweetener until pale yellow; gradually whisk in half of the hot cream. Return to saucepan with remaining hot cream; cook over low heat, whisking constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until thick enough to coat back of spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin mixture; whisk until gelatin is dissolved.
- Strain through fine-mesh sieve into stainless steel or glass bowl. Stir in green food coloring (if using). Place bowl in larger bowl of ice water; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened to pudding-like consistency. Stir in mint and vanilla.
- Using electric mixer, whip remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into filling; spoon into prepared crust. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or until set.
- Topping: Stir together 1/4 cup Allulose Granulated Sweetener, cocoa and melted coconut oil. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whip cream until stiff peaks form; stir in remaining Allulose Granulated Sweetener. Garnish tart with whipped cream; drizzle with chocolate mixture.
Tip: Garnish tart with fresh mint leaves, as well, if desired.
Makes: 8 Servings
Per 1/8 of tart, Calories 510, Fat 50g, Saturated Fat 26g, Cholesterol 210mg, Sodium 80mg, Carbohydrate 10g, Fiber 4g, Sugars 1g, Protein 9g
- For the Crust:
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup Fair Trade cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- For the Filling:
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided use
- 1 pkg (.25 oz) unflavored gelatin powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener
- 1 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp green food coloring (optional)
- For the Topping:
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener, divided use
- 1/4 cup Fair Trade cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream