Keto Jelly Roll
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line bottom of 15- x 11-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together almond flour, walnuts, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs with Allulose Granulated Sweetener for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened and pale colored. Stir in vanilla and lemon zest. Fold in almond flour mixture; set aside.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Run thin knife around edge of cake; invert onto separate piece of parchment paper. Peel off top piece of parchment paper. Starting at short side, roll up cake jelly-roll style in parchment paper. Place rolled cake seam side down on rack; let cool completely.
- Keto Chia Raspberry Jam: In skillet set over medium heat, combine raspberries, Allulose Granulated Sweetener and lemon juice; bring to boil. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until raspberries break down.
- Remove from heat; stir in chia seeds. Let cool to room temperature.
- Unroll cooled cake; remove parchment paper. Spread evenly with jam; roll cake back up. Transfer to serving platter.
- Garnish with whipped cream or coconut cream and fresh raspberries.
Tips: Substitute blackberries or chopped strawberries for raspberries if desired.
Makes: 1 Jelly Roll (8 slices)
Nutrition Facts: Per 1/8 of cake, Calories 200, Fat 15g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 100mg, Carbohydrate 10g, Fiber 5g, Sugars 2g, Protein 8g
- For the Cake:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 cage free organic eggs
- 3/4 cup Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- For the Keto Chia Raspberry Jam:
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Allulose Granulated Sweetener
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Topping: Whipped Cream or Whipped Coconut Cream