Keto Pork Belly Ramen
- Pork Belly: Rub pork belly with salt and Erythritol. Transfer to resealable plastic bag; refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Using paper towel, pat pork belly dry, discarding any liquid. Place in small roasting pan, fat side up. Bake for 60 to 80 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 275°F; bake for 60 to 90 minutes or until very tender.
- Reserve 2 tbsp fat (save remaining fat for another use). Cut pork belly into 1/2-inch thick slices, then cut into 2-inch lengths.
- Ramen: Meanwhile, cook bacon in saucepan set over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until fat starts to render and bacon starts to brown at edges. Stir in shiitake mushroom stems, 1 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp ginger and white parts of green onions; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in bone broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in 3 tbsp tamari, 1 tbsp sesame oil, Erythritol and 1/2 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 3 cups. Strain broth and set aside.
- In clean saucepan set over medium heat, heat reserved pork belly fat. Add sliced shiitake mushroom tops; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to brown. Add remaining sesame oil, garlic, ginger and Chinese 5-Spice powder; cook for 1 minute. Pour in reserved broth. Add remaining tamari; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide shirataki noodles between 2 bowls. Ladle broth and shiitake mushrooms over top. Top with broccolini, sliced green onions and soft-cooked eggs. Garnish with cilantro and drizzle of sriracha.
- Substitute zucchini noodles for shirataki noodles.
- For easier slicing, chill roasted pork belly first.
- 1 1/2 lb skinless pork belly
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Organic ZeroSugar Erythritol
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 lb shiitake mushrooms, tops sliced, stems removed and reserved
- 2 tbsp minced garlic, divided
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger, divided
- 2 green onions, green parts thinly sliced, white parts reserved
- 5 cups bone broth
- 4 tbsp tamari sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Organic ZeroSugar Erythritol
- 1 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder, divided
- 6 oz shirataki or zucchini noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed and steamed
- 2 eggs, soft cooked, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce (optional)