Low Carb Sloppy Joes with Quick Pickled Cucumbers
- Sloppy Joes: Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook beef, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Stir in onion, red pepper, garlic and chili powder for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and 1/4 cup water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in Allulose Liquid Sweetener, mustard and hot sauce.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Quick Pickled Cucumbers: Stir together cucumbers, vinegar, Allulose Liquid Sweetener, dill, garlic and salt. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until cucumbers are lightly pickled.
- Serve Sloppy Joes on low-carb buns with pickled cucumbers.
Tip: Substitute ground chicken, turkey or tofu crumbles for ground beef.
Makes: 4 Servings
Nutrition Facts: Per 1/4 recipe, Calories 430, Fat 24g, Saturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 1100mg, Carbohydrate 30g, Fiber 18g, Sugars 8g, Protein 39g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 tsp each salt & pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Allulose Liquid Sweetener
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 4 low-carb buns
- For the Pickled Cucumbers:
- 1 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Allulose Liquid Sweetener
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt